Lately we have had trouble getting to the library on a regular basis. I miss the days when a weekly library trip was part of the regular routine! We still go when we can, but we're lucky to make it once every month or two. I am hoping we will be able to make library trips a priority in the near future, but for now I am planning to pick up a few new books each month to have on hand. I don't normally buy many books outside of "school" books, but I had so much fun picking these out that I am determined to make it a tradition, every few weeks or so. It's amazing how much fun a stack of shiny new books is!
Here are my picks for October....all spooky books!
- Halloween Stained Glass Coloring Book ~ not a book per se, but Rose adores these little coloring books. The completed pages make great seasonal window decorations.
- Demon Dentist - This one has been on my list ever since I heard the author compared to Roald Dahl. James has volunteered to preview it and let me know if it's too scary for his younger sister.
- Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories - I bought this primarily for my boys because they love ghost stories. But, I am planning to read it too;).
- The Witch Family - This one is for Rose (9) - she has already read it and told me it was "awesome".
- Through the Woods - A very spooky graphic novel... James (12) read it in one day and said it's pretty scary. I would definitely not recommend this title to anyone under 12, having read one of the stories myself!
- It - This one is for me. I remember reading it as a young teen (my parents weren't too big on policing our reading!) and I have always wanted to re-read it. Usually around this time of year I read The Haunting of Hill House, which is my all-time favorite ghost story, but this year I decided to switch things up.