Christopher is in 7th grade this year. I have copied my plans from last year here; comments & updates are in italics.
Seventh Grade Curriculum for Christopher
The Art of Argument- We finished this last month and have replaced it with Fallacy Detective alternating with Red Herring Mysteries.
- Teaching Textbooks 7 - He is plugging away at this, on about lesson 70 now.
Finish BookShark World History 1, start BookShark World History 2 - He did finish BKSK World History 1, and is now on week 9 of World History 2. We will not finish this this year; we will get to a logical stopping point sometime in June and pick it up again next school year.
- BookShark Science 6 - This is mostly going well. He wishes there were more experiments; I think one per week is plenty!
- Spelling Workout H - I think he will finish early with this; he's on lesson 29 of 36.
Analytical Grammar- He finished Season Two, now he is just doing one exercise from the review book every other week. Season Three will be saved for next year.
- Writing Strands Levels 3 & 4 - He will finish WS Level 3 this year; he has only a few weeks left, but I will not have him start Level 4 until the fall.
- Latin for Children B - Mostly going well, though a bit slow. He is not quite halfway through the book yet, and the companion history reader has been frustrating to him so we have set it aside.
- Music Masters CD's - We haven't done these at all!
- Mark Kistler's Draw 3D alternated with Artistic Pursuits Middle School Book 2 - We didn't renew our Mark Kistler subscription because the kids felt they had gotten everything out of it that they could. Christopher has been working his way through the AP Middle School Book though, and has made many wonderful drawings.
Overall, 7th grade has been going well, though we are a bit behind where I thought we'd be in math and science. I have another page here, with links to all of the curriculum we are using for 7th grade this year.
My next update will be about my fifth grader.