Here's what I keep here:
- A box of tissues - Because someone always has a cold lately!
- A glass of water - I try to fill one up each morning, otherwise I forget to drink.
- A timer - This comes in handy if someone has a cooking project or science experiment.
- Sharpened pencils - I sharpen a bunch each evening - no more hunting for pencils!
- My cell phone - I keep the landline ringer off during school hours to minimize distractions, but I keep my cell on for my husband.
- A big mug of tea - I like to use a travel mug so it doesn't get cold!
- My homeschool binder -I keep a week or two of Sonlight/BookShark for each child here.
- Our chore chart & a dry-erase marker - So I can keep track of what needs doing.
- My planner - I often leave this open, so I have a spot to quickly jot down to-do's and notes about various things as they occur to me.
Not shown are our language arts and math work crates, which I keep just in front of the counter.
I feel much more organized and professional since I started setting up my little command center each morning. Something about laying everything out helps me get my brain in gear for the day!