Thanksgiving Week Plan
- Read through If You Were At The First Thanksgiving with Rose and whoever wants to listen in.
- Put out these two books, for everyone to peruse.
- Row Cranberry Thanksgiving ~ We will actually be doing this the week before Thanksgiving.
Crafts & Projects
- Print out this banner and have any willing children color it in. We are sorely lacking in Thanksgiving decor of any kind, and I think this would look cute hanging over a doorway.
- Make some peg dolls.
- Make place-cards to bring to Grandpa's house for the big feast. This is something the kids do every year.
- Make a pie to bring for turkey day, and another for just us.
- Make gumdrop turkeys (Rose's request).
- Do Thanksgiving at home the Saturday after...this has been our tradition for years because one Thanksgiving dinner is never enough, and we miss out on leftovers by not hosting Thanksgiving! So a couple of days later we buy a turkey and do it all over again.
- Rose is planning to dress up as a Pilgrim. I bought her this costume last year and it still fits, thankfully.
- Watch the Macy's parade - we watch the first part in the morning, then head out for our day and DVR the rest to watch the next day.