Grace has a good deal of overlap with her brother as always, since they have been sharing Sonlight Cores for a few years.
Grade 8 Curriculum
Literature & History
- Analytical Grammar (she will use this over 2 years)
She requested "high school level science" this year, starting with biology, so our line-up includes:
- Miller-Levine Biology - I ordered the textbook, Lab Manual A, and the teacher's lab manual from Pearson. There is also an interactive ibook version of the textbook, which last I checked was only about $15, so we may add that in.
- Source readings- She is going to do source readings as suggested in The Well-Trained Mind. I had her look through the list in the book and choose a few. I doubt she will get through all of them-some look like tough reading! She chose De Rarum Natura (Lucretius), Natural History (Pliny), Origin of Species (Darwin), and Silent Spring (Rachel Carson).
- Dr. Funster's, or other logic work here and there
Grace is really into foreign languages and wanted to add Greek this year. I am not sure how that will go, as she also wants to continue Latin and Spanish.We are starting with a gentle introduction to the Greek alphabet, plus continuing with the next levels of the Latin and Spanish programs she did last year.
- Greek Code Cracker is a fun introduction to the Greek alphabet
Art, Music, Etc.
- Mark Kistler's Online Drawing Lessons (thru Homeschool Buyer's Co-op)
I think that's it! We are planning to start up on Monday and I will hopefully do a post at some point over the year on each of the programs we are using.