Literature & History
- Sonlight Core A- Except, I think I will use the Bookshark version. I debated going right into Core B like I did with James at her age, but I just don't think she is ready. The book selection for Core A really feels right for her and the Bookshark version is secular, but otherwise mostly the same as Sonlight Core A. I do think we may add Five True Dog Stories back in, but anything else missing from the Bookshark version we have either already read or I don't mind skipping. A small sampling of the books on our reading list... (the whole list is here).
- The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading- This will be our priority until she is comfortable reading.
- Explode the Code Books 1 & 2 - OPGTR doesn't necessarily need supplementation, but this girl enjoys workbooks and they give her something to do when I am helping her siblings! Also, at the time I write this, she is struggling a bit with reading and I am hoping some extra reinforcement will help.
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting
I am planning to do science a la The Well-Trained Mind.
- We will spend 20 weeks or so reading through the Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of Animals, supplementing with library books as we go along. I am going to add The Complete Book of Animals as well.
- Next, we will spend 10 weeks reading some of The Kingfisher First Human Body Encyclopedia, again supplementing with library books. I am going to add My Body to this, because it looks like so much fun!
- Finally, we will do a few projects from Green Thumbs: A Kids Guide to Indoor and Outdoor Gardening.
- Life of Fred Apples and maybe Butterflies
Art, Electives, Etc..
- Song School Latin-Totally not necessary, but she loves following along with her older sibs Latin CD's and chants and I know she will get a huge kick out of having her own. I am only going to order the workbook/CD combo and we will probably just use the CD until she is comfortable writing.
- Headventure Land-The companion website that has games, coloring pages, etc.. to go along with Song School.
- Mark Kistler Draw 3D, along with her siblings
One planned, three more to go!