Here's what we're doing, in the same order as in the Sonlight catalog....
*History & Geography*
- Audio Memory Geography Songs Kit (workbook and CD)
- Gladys Aylward- a missionary story, but it's supposed to be worthwhile, we will try it!
- Good Queen Bess
- Peter the Great
- Book of Time & Timeline Figures- This will be our first year using these.
- Windows on the World- For Core B we replaced this with Children Just Like Me. For Core C we will replace it with A Life Like Mine
- From the 5 Day List....We will also use Castle Diary, Eric the Red & Leif the Lucky, Maps & Globes, Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!, and Medicine News. We will skip Catching Their Talk in a Box.
- Awesome Book of Bible Facts- We do keep this one, the kids really enjoy reading all the little snippets.
- Sing the Word CD-skipping this
- Aesop for Children
- And with the Word Came Power-we will replace this with Hidden Tales from Eastern Europe
- The Apprentice
- Captain Nobody (our older Core C uses A Little Princess, but we'll read this instead)
- Cornstalks: A Bushel of Poems
- The Cricket in Times Square
- The Door in the Wall
- The Little Riders
- The Minstrel in the Tower
- Philomena (we will read Kildee House instead, as per the older Core C)
- Red Sails to Capri
- School Story
- Sticks Across the Chimney
- Strawberry Girl
- Tales of Robin Hood
- The Twenty-One Balloons
- White Stallion of Lipizza
*Grade 4-5 Readers*
- Along Came a Dog
- B is for Betsy- we will swap in Sir Lancelot the Great from the 5-day R/A list, just to avoid too many "girly" books for him:)
- Betsy & Tacy Go Over the Big Hill
- The Children of Noisy Village
- Emily's Runaway Imagination
- Encyclopedia Brown
- Ginger Pye
- Henry & Ribsy
- The King's Equal
- A Llama in the Family
- Lumber Camp Library
- Marco Polo
- McBroom's Wonderful One-Acre Farm
- Misty of Chincoteague
- More Stories From Grandma's Attic
- Mustang: Wild Spirit of the West
- Ralph S. Mouse
- The Toothpaste Millionaire
- The Whipping Boy
- Sonlight Language Arts for Grade 4-5 readers
- First Language Lessons 2
- MCP Word Study D Plaid and Worldly Wise Book C
- Zaner-Bloser handwriting
- Diamond Notes (a LA 3 recommendation)
*Science-Sonlight Science C*
Dinosaurs Unleashed- We will replace this with The Dinosaur Museum.
Discover and Do Level 2 DVD
The Magic Schoolbus Inside the Earth
The Magic Schoolbus Lost in the Solar System
Marie Curie's Search for Radium
Science Activities, vol. 3
The Usborne Book of Knowledge
Science Supplies Kit C
We will continue to use Life of Fred's elementary series, and also add in Math Mammoth 3. To supplement, we will use Sonlight's Mathtacular 2.
Sonlight Electives C: How Artists See Feelings, How Artists See the Elements, Classical Kids Collection
I think that's it. Core C is a pretty easy Core to tweak!