Independent work includes:
- Memorizing poems
- Practicing typing
- Reading about current events
- Reviewing Latin and Spanish flashcards
- Independent reading from Sonlight books
- Spelling (James only)
- Handwriting (boys only)
And here is the....
- Math (done first, not in the loop)
- Phonics with Rose
- Sonlight Core D readings (do about 1/2 of a day)
- Sonlight Core B readings (do about 1/2 of a day)
- Developing the Early Learner books with Rose
- Writing Strands or do a page for history notebook
- First Language Lessons (James only)
- MCT Town (Grace and Christopher only)
- Getting Started with Spanish
- Life of Fred or Drive-Thru Menu Math
- Sonlight Core D (finish day)
- Sonlight Core B (finish day)
- The Nature Connection
- Bravewriter (complete one item from this list)
- Art project or history project while listening to current composer
- Picture Study
Screwed up days & rainy afternoons
I anticipate a lot of days to be "screwed up" in that we will lose a lot of time due to appointments and other things. Since we are going to more of a year-round schedule, I am not going to try to force a full day of schooling into one of those days, because then that messes with the afternoon and our time to do other things. Instead we will do a small amount of schooling if possible (less than one hour) and/or watch a documentary. I have lots of these on the DVR that we never get around to.
I cut some things out of the original list. I ditched the idea of having a dedicated language arts hour, because I think it will work better to have all of our LA integrated into the loop. We are dropping La Clase Divertida, at least until we get a little further into Getting Started with Spanish.
More changes to come, I'm sure. The beginning of our year seems to be all about tweaking!